Thursday, December 15, 2005

Regrets

As I was preparing for a class on regrets I stumbled across a really interesting blog. I love the way the person writes. He is quite perceptive and interesting. Check it out if you have time.
http://bestoftheblogs.com/postcards.html

I was thinking about regrets and I don't have many. I can't remember having many because I usually do what I want. There are the few people that I wish I had gotten to know better but I don't really hang on to much. Maybe it's just a lack of memory.

While preparing for the class I read a lot of interesting web pages. Some of them were people who believe that regrets are a waste of time and others are living in a constant state of regret. Is it better to think deeply and remember your regrets or just to ignore them. I didn't come across a website that said you should feel deeply and then let them go. I don't see the point of carrying excess baggage, I have enough of it already. Everything can be a useful learning experience but it's good to let go of the residual emotion and just remember the lesson. Why is it so difficult? It's almost like we like to have baggage be cause no baggage would be scary. I don't know.

The problem with having regrets is that you focus on the past so much you can miss the present. You are here and now, the past was and the future will be (but not yet). I tend to live a bit in the future like a dreamer.

anyway, enough rambling

Kirsten

No comments: